Wayfarer's Rest

Some assorted ramblings and occasional thoughts from Talib al-Habib. Updated randomly and irregularly (if at all). Talib takes no responsiblity for anything that he may write, as responsiblity implies capacity, and capacity implies a sound mind...

Saturday, February 18, 2006

greetings of peace

In the Name of God, Limitlessly Compassionate, Endlessly Merciful...

Greetings of peace to the world and to emptiness.

I wonder whether anyone will end up reading this...

I suppose it is primarily a convenient place for me to scribble down whatever comes into my head. Sometimes thoughts cannot be known or understood until they are expressed, like the pieces of a jigsaw that must be taken out of the box and structured to reveal their reality.

The traditional format for this used to be a journal or diary, or so I gather from the long-bearded, toothless (and therefore wise?) ones. Yet am I like most Gen X-ers who tend to spend more time in front of the computer than with pen (that leaks) and paper (that gets lost)?

Anyway, I came across a some blogs (quite by accident - I am not particlularly internet savvy) and thought it seemed like a good idea at the time. So I may or may not update this blog, depending on whether I actually have any thoughts worth writing. Some may be fragments of remembered conversations, some echoes of memories or dreams. Others may be me trying to make sense of something in my mind - a task in which I may or may not be successful.

The Blessed Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings upon him) said, 'each of you is a mirror to his brother.' That is to say, one sees in others those aspects of the self that cannot be seen unless reflected. So my friends, unseen and unknown, yet mirrors of my soul: I thank you and ask that - like mirrors - you be patient with both my flaws and my vanities.

And peace and blessings upon the best of mankind, his family and companions, and all those who follow in their footsteps of guidance - and may we all be among them.

was salam, talib

PS: A word of warning: I guarantee neither sense nor coherence, much less truth and verity. I'm only human.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The way you string your words together is cool...I shall be looking forward to more of your posts, lol

6:43 PM  
Blogger Muhammad said...

Your words give me a greater clarity of my faith.

I thank you.

Jazaak-Allah.

Muhammad Karim.

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

truly inspirational... thought provoking... may Allah bless you and increase you in everyway.

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

salam. i kno its an old post, and u probably wnt read this... but... the way u write, caught my attention... this post in particular.. about things bein expressed better in wrds... and everythin... subhanallah... i dunno i cnt explain.. but yeh keep up the good wrk :) was jst listenin to your nasheed samples.. u hav a beautiful voice mashallah, but i never heard of u b4...
i was thinkin it was becoming sad how the nasheed industry was using all musical instruments.. like sami... and its jst horrible.. alhamdulillah inshallah more nasheed artists like u come out n save the day :P

1:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home